In this article, we will reveal all the information you need to know related to Elon Musk and his company’s newest hypercar – Tesla Roadster. Stay tuned!
America has never had a vehicle automaker before until Tesla made their Tesla Roadster. Taking inspiration from Lotus Elise which was first introduced more than 10 years ago, Tesla Roadster was a living statement that electric cars are not something boring but cool and stylish instead.
After drawing a significant amount of attention with their Tesla Roadster, the company continues to introduce more basic line automobiles such as the Model 3 along with the model X.
Starting with selling lithium-ion battery pack and inventing an electric motor named Roadster, it how EV company known as Tesla started their project in 2008. Tesla put their badge the first time on this model and they were the first company to produced highway-legal sequences electric automobile which can be able to travel above 200 miles just in only one charge.
This year is marking their 10 years since then, numerous new models have been introduced but finally, Tesla announced the second upgrade Roadster along with their newest creation – the electric-running semi-truck. It will take more several years for the vehicles are available on the market, Tesla overwhelmed people with their sneak peek on the Roadster 2.0’s specs and numbers.
Honestly speaking, this car basically is a fierce monster. If the capacities of the actually included all the things that their CEO Elon Musk have informed, then the new generation of Roadster will break several records, we can name some major things such as fastest to 60 mph, fastest to 100mqh and most rapid in the quarter mile. We cannot leave out the combustion-based production inside the care. And within our knowledge, this car will set the new record for EVs in the monarchies of range each charge and topmost speed. Here is some important information you may need to keep in mind:
- The price for Tesla Roadster starting from 200.000$
- The Tesla Roadster expected to hit the road in 2020.
- Can reach to 0-60mph in just 1.9 sec
Tesla had successfully passed the rest of in the same industry with their release of the first model of Roadster in 2008 but the company already announce their newest hypercar in the previous year. Tesla’s well-known CEO Elon Musk revealed the Roadster 2.0 as well as their Semi-struck and claimed that it would become the world’s fastest electric car. After the introduction, we have no recent news about it and according to the CEO, their company now is concentrating on changing the model 3s as well as preparing for the launch of Model Y.
We don’t want you to wait any longer, so we will give you some subjective reviews on this new Roadster:
- Design: over these recent years, Tesla has been able to create its very own excellent design features, and the design of Roadster won’t be an exception. You can already tell from looking at the second-generation Tesla Roadster that EV maker has done their excellent job in creating a quicker more intense vehicle. It has a complexly different atmosphere from Lotus Elise, the original model back in 2008 of Tesla. Some people think that may look similar with a couple more than a roadster. Equipped with a detachable glass pane which is able to be stowed in the boot, we admit it makes the car look more like a Targa than a Roadster. Even the rear seats are quite small but the car offering four seats instead of two, unlike typical electric cars.
- Performance: The car claimed can reach up to 250 mph or even more in term of its top speed. If you’re not used to the technical term, it means Roadster has an amazing high speed even when compared with other current electric cars in the market. The projected acceleration numbers are overwhelming as well thanks to the 7300 lb ft torque accessible in the wheels: reach to 0-60mph in 1.9 sec and also 0-100mph just in 4.2 sec.
- Powertrain: Roadster is equipped with 3 electric motors, only one driving at the front wheels along with two driving at the rears. Tesla also announces that there will be a 200 kwh additional battery pack for providing the juice together with a 7=629-mile vary – this work best at the assumption that the running speed kept less than 250 mph.
- Booster jets: if the numbers we just gave weren’t enough to impress you then the CEO also add the incredible feature about the providing the booster jets to raise the acceleration time of the Roadster. In his newest interview, the Tesla CEO shared about the position of the boosters as they are planning to put them in the position of the two rear seats – which we evaluated as a good decision considering both safety and weight distribution factors.
- Releasing time: It will take a considerable time for Tesla to release a complete version of Roadster, but the good news is you can register for a place on their waiting list. To do so, all you need to do is giving a deposit around 50,000$. The starting price will be approximately 200,00$.
The open-top supercar borrows functional interior parts from its predecessors, including the central tunnel, dashboard, steering wheel, and seat structure.
It also retains the same track and wheelbase as the open-top supercar. Even more, it comes bundled with its luggage set with stitching that matches the paint of this supercar.
Especially, its cockpit is pared-back as well as functional in the extreme with the engine compartment that hugs the backs of Alcantara seats.
Moreover, in front of the door panel, there are two helmets in the storage locker, and they are used to keep with the pure race theme and occupant safety.
There has already been at least one of the Tesla Roadster is a test on the road though. A few months ago, Tesla chief designer was seen taking the Tesla Roadster 2.0 and some people were able to take the pictures. Overall, we think this is worth for waiting and we hope our review on Tesla Roadster will help you easier to make a decision of buying this fancy car.